Make Your Own Recycled Paper
How to make paper:
- Old Paper (Any type but newspaper) --(tear into small pieces)
- A square piece of screen
- A piece of blotter paper-larger than the screen
- A dishpan
- A sponge
- A towel
- A blender
- Warm water
- Fill dishpan 1/2 full of warm water.
- Fill blender with warm water.
- Add 1-2 handfuls of paper to blender.
- Blend for 2 minutes until paper is a liquid pulp.
- Pour mixture into dishpan.
- Repeat steps 2,3,4 and 5 until dishpan is 3/4 full.
- Stir mixture.
- Slide screen into dishpan and swish around.
- Lift screen out carefully. Hold it level and let it drain for a minute.
- Put screen pulp side down on blotter paper on the towel.
- Use the sponge to absorb water on top of the screen.
- Carefully lift screen off of paper.
- Allow to dry for a day.
- Use the paper for an art or writing project.
Use seeds, leaves and confetti to make textured paper, make several sheets and staple them together to make a book.
Thanks for helping to save trees!