Library Loan Program: Literature List
To reserve library literature call 717-845-1066.
Please request literature by reference code (i.e.: A4, A5, A6, etc.)
The following is a listing of publications available:
- A4 York County Municipal Waste Management Plan Revision, Vol. 1-3.
- A5 Infectious and Chemotherapeutic Waste Management Plan York County Solid Waste and Refuse Authority, York County, PA--July 1992.
- A6 York County Sludge and Septage Management Plan.
- York County Solid Waste and Refuse Authority--December 1993.
- A7 Permit Listing.
- C1 1001 Questions and Answers about PLANET EARTH, the Random House Book of, Brian and Brenda Williams.
- C2 The Big Book for Our Planet, Ann Durell, Jean Craighead, George and Katherine Paterson.
- C3 The Magic School Bus at the Waterworks, by Joanna Cole.
- C4 A River Ran Wild, by Lynne Cherry.
- C5 The Very Busy Spider, by Eric Carle.
- C6 Recycle That! By Fay Robinson.
- C7 I Can Save the Earth, by Anita Holmes.
- C8 Kids Discover Garbage.
- C9 Adventures of the Garbage Gremlin--Environmental Protection Agency.
- C10 Sandcastle Moats and Petunia Bed Holes-A Book About Ground Water, Department of Environmental Protection.
- C11 Attack of the Litter Critters--PhilaPride.
- C12 The Untrashables--PhilaPride.
- C13 The Wonderful World of Wigglers--Exploring the mysteries of the mighty earthworm.
- CU1 Let's Reduce and Recycle: Curriculum for Solid Waste Awareness by US EPA—August 1990.
- CU2 Pennsylvania Recycling Curriculum by PADER.
- CU3 The Five Senses-- Kindergarten-First Grade-REEP (Regional Environmental Education Program).
- U4 Cycles Earth Science Unit-Middle School/Jr. High School--REEP: 1996.
- CU5 Wastewater Treatment--Video, Teacher's Resource Guide and Student Guide, Grades 7-9; Water Environment Federation: 1996.
- CU6 Hands on Plastics--Middle School by American Plastics Council: 1996.
- CU7 3 2 1 Contact Extras Teacher's Guide--Elementary School Topics Include: Hypothermia, Garbage Crisis, AIDS, Water Pollution, the Rain Forest, Genetics, Oil.
- CU8 Good Earth Art--Elementary/Middle Schools by MaryAnn Kohl & Cindy Gainer, 1991.
- CU9 Living Lightly on the Planet-Vol.1--Grades 7-9, by National Audubon Society.
- CU10 Living Lightly on the Planet-Vol. 2--Grades 10-12, by National Audubon Society.
- CU11 Actions Speak! (louder than words)--Illinois Department of Commerce and Community Affairs.
- CU12 R.O.A.R. (Recycle Our Available Resources)--Illinois Department of Commerce and Community Affairs
- CU13 Pollution Problems & Solutions--National Wildlife Federation.
- CU14 Chemicals: Choosing Wisely/Teacher Resource Guide--E2: Environment & Education.
- CU15 Chemicals: Choosing Wisely/Student Edition--E2: Environment & Education.
- CU16 An Ounce of Prevention: Middle Level Curriculum on Source Reduction, Plastic Bag Association Clearinghouse.
- CU17 Waste Reduction/ Teacher Resource Guide--E2: Environment & Education.
- CU18 Waste Reduction/Student Edition--E2: Environment & Education.
- CU19 An Ounce of Prevention--National Science Teachers Association.
- CU20 Presenter’s Manual for Nonpoint Source Pollution Prevention--Air & Waste Management Association.
- CU21 Waste Wise-Concepts in Waste Management: A Resource Guide for Teachers Using Concepts of Critical Thinking and Decision Making.
- CU22 Environmental Resource Guide-Air Quality Grades 6-8—Air & Waste Management Association.
- CU23 Community Waste Education Manual: A Guide to Implementing a Community Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Educational Campaign.
- CU24 Wormania! Worm Composting.
- CU25 The Cycles for Science Curriculum Supplements for Grades 9-12.
- CU26 RBRC’s Charge Up to Recycle Batteries Lesson Plan.
- G19 Where We Live. A Citizen's Guide to Conducting a Community Environmental Inventory. Donald F. Harker and Elizabeth Ungar Natter. 1995.
- G23 Preventing Pollution in Our Cities and Counties: A Compendium of Case Studies.
- G24 Central PA Disaster Planning Guide. (supplement of the Central Penn Business Journal).
- Government- Local (GL)
- GL14 2000 York County Chamber of Commerce Membership Directory.
- GL 15 A Strategy for Agricultural Land Preservation in York County.
- Government-State (GS)
- GS61 1999 Guide to DEP Permits.
- GS65 1999 Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence.
- GS67 Pennsylvania Ozone Stakeholder—Southcentral Working Group, Final Report January 10, 2000.
Hazardous Waste (HAZ)
- HAZ4 "Household Hazardous Waste Management: A Manual for 1-day Community Collection Programs" --USEPA.
- HAZ8 "Household Hazardous Waste--Steps to Safe Management", USEPA, April 1993.
- HAZ9 Cleaning Up Hazardous Waste: Is There a Better Way?
- I7 "Public Participation in Facility Siting- A Decision Technique" John Rogers and Jed Campbell.
- I15 "America's Newest Energy Source" by AIMS Coalition.
- I18 "Combustion." A Vital Bioenergy Technology for the 21st Century.
- I23 Beneficial Use and Recycling of Municipal Waste Combustion Residue.
- R2 Backyard Composting: Your Complete Guide to Recycling Yard Clippings, Harmonious Technology, Ojai, CA--1992.
- R4 Composting Municipal Wastes, The BioCycle Guide to--by The JG Press, Inc.--1989.
- R10 Recycling and Waste-to-Energy: Working Well Together--Reprinted from Solid Waste & Power. 1993 Industry Sourcebook--Integrated Waste Services Association.
- R11 Worms Eat My Garbage: How to set up and maintain a worm composting system. By Mary Appelhof--Flower Press, 1982.
- R12 BioCycle Guide to Yard Waste Composting. By The JG Press, Inc.--1989.
- R16 Fast Facts about Polystyrene. By Society of the Plastics Industry, Inc.
- R17 Plastics: The Energy-Efficient Choice by American Plastics Council--1993.
- R18 Plastic Packaging: Opportunities and Challenges. By Society of the Plastics Industry, Inc.
- R19 Leaving a Lighter Footprint: Plastic Makes it Possible. By American Plastics Council.
- R27 Household Waste Recycling, by Richard Waite, 1995.
- R28 "Directory of Companies Manufacturing Products from Recycled Vinyl", by the Vinyl Institute--July 1993.
- R30 The Plastics and the Environment Sourcebook; May 1993--Polystyrene Packaging Council.
- R32 Recycling Publicity Guidelines-- PADEP.
Solid Waste Management (SWM)
- SWM6 "Making Less Garbage; A Planning Guide for Communities", Fishbein and Gelb, Inform,Inc.--1992.
- SWM7 Overview: Solid Waste Disposal Alternatives-An Integrated Approach for American Communities, KYB—1990.
- SWM15 "Sorting out the Garbage: America Looks at the Consumer Solid Waste Issue", booklet commissioned by Citizens For the Environment--October 1991.
- SWM21 Managing America's Trash: The Integrated Approach, Integrated Waste Services Association—1992.
- SWM26 Waste Management: An American Corporate Success Story. By Timothy Jacobson--1993.
- SWM36 The Consumer's Handbook for Reducing Solid Waste, by USEPA --August 1992.
- SWM37 Business Guide for Reducing Solid Waste, by USEPA, November, 1993.
- SWM45 "Spotlight on Waste Prevention-- EPA's Program to Reduce Solid Waste at the Source", by USEPA, August 1995.
- SWM46 "WasteWise--EPA's Voluntary Program for Reducing Business Solid Waste", by USEPA, October 1993.
- SWM47 "Best Practices in Solid Waste Management" by MWMA, Spring 1996.
- SWM59 Characterization of Products Containing Mercury in Municipal Solid Waste In the United States. 1970-2000.
- SWM60 Beneficial Use and Recycling of Municipal Waste Combustion Residues. A comprehensive resource document.