- Household Garbage
- Construction / Demolition
- Batteries
- Glass
- Hazardous Products
- Yard Waste
- Metal/Appliances
- Food Waste

- Motor Oil / Antifreeze
  / Kerosene / Gasoline

- Paint Products
- Tires
- Trees
- Junk Mail
- Confidentials
- Septage

- Medical
- Propane Tanks
- Electronics
- Cell Phones
- Prescription

- Fluorescent Lamps,
   Ballasts & CFL’s

- Residual/Industry Waste
What to Do With Construction & Demolition Waste
The York County Resource Recovery Center (RRC) accepts limited types of construction/demolition (C/D) debris such as wallpaper, carpet and untreated lumber. Untreated lumber must be no larger than 6 feet long or 6 inches in diameter at its widest point.

C/D waste not accepted at the RRC includes: asphalt or slate shingles, drywall, tar paper, bricks, lumber mixed with other unprocessible waste, macadam, gravel, insulation, glass. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Resources certain items can be used as clean fill as long as they are separated from other waste. To learn more, visit DEP's web site.

Reason not accepted at the RRC — These items may not burn at all or may not burn completely; may damage equipment; or may not be compatible with the facility's air pollution control technology.

Disposal Alternative — Share excess materials with neighbors or a community group or take it to a facility permitted to accept it. Modern Landfill is a privately-owned, permitted landfill located in York County and should be able to manage most of your C/D waste. Modern Landfill can be contacted at 717-246-2686.

Cost of Disposal & Hours of Operation
York County Resource Recovery Center
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Resources

© 2014 York County Solid Waste Authority
York County Solid Waste Authority    2700 Blackbridge Road    York, Pennsylvania 17406
Phone: 717-845-1066    Fax: 717-843-1544

Website by Double Dog Communications