Here’s Where York County Residents Can Recycle Electronics:
NOTE: Pa law now bans the disposal or collection of certain electronics at the curb in your regular garbage. Electronics that cannot be placed in your garbage include TV’s, computers and anything that connects to a computer such as a printer, mouse, keyboard or speakers.
York County Solid Waste Authority’s Residential Electronics Recycling Program is free and open to York County residents ONLY. The Electronics Recycling Program has relocated to our new Small Load Drop-off Facility at the York County Resource Recovery Center. Electronics are accepted M-F from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to Noon.
TO RECYCLE ELECTRONICS: Enter the York County Resource Recovery Center (2651 Blackbridge Road) and follow the “Electronics Recycling” signs to the scalehouse. Scalehouse staff will direct you to the electronics recycling area at the new Small Load Drop-off Facility located onsite.
ACCEPTED ITEMS: televisions, desktop and laptop computers, computer monitors and computer peripherals (anything that connects to a computer such as a mouse, keyboard, printer, etc.), as well as other electronic recyclables including cell phones, vacuum cleaners, alarm clocks, irons and coffee makers or anything with a plug that does not contain Freons. Examples of Freon-containing items include refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
Penn and Fairview Townships also conduct electronics recycling collection programs that accept electronics from all York County residents and offer weekday and Saturday collection hours. Please call, or visit their web sites for times and locations:
Penn Township: www.penntwp.com, 717-637-1561
Fairview Township: twp.fairview.pa.us, 717-901-5200
How York County Businesses Can Recycle Electronics:
York County organizations, schools and businesses that wish to recycle electronic devices may contact electronics recycling vendors directly. A list of Nationwide Commercial Electronics Recycling (non-residential services) serving businesses is located below.
- Republic Services: http://www.republicservices.com/businesses/electronics-recycling
- Sims Recycling: http://www.simsrecycling.com/Services/Responsible-Recycling
- Electronic Recyclers International: http://electronicrecyclers.com/services
- JVS Environmental: http://www.jvsenvironmental.net/
- Cinco Electronics Recycling: http://www.cincoer.com/corporateservices.html
- KVS Computers: http://www.kvscomputers.com/
- Regency Technologies: http://www.regencytechnologies.com/it_management/asset_management_services.asp
- Kuusakoski Recycling: http://kuusakoski.us/recycling-services/
- Advanced Technology Recycling: http://www.atrecycle.com/business-portal/e-scrap/
- AER Worldwide: http://www.aerworldwide.com/index.php/electronics-recycling/
- Anything IT: http://www.anythingit.com/
- Apto Solutions: http://www.aptosolutions.com/services/recycling
- Newtech Recycling Inc.: http://www.newtechrecycling.com/
- Waste Management, Inc.: https://www.wm.com/store/catalog/business/recycle-by-mail-for-business/electronics-recycling-kit
- Hewlett-Packard: http://h30248.www3.hp.com/recycle/hardware/
If all you want is to dispose of your unwanted equipment — regardless of brand — Apple can help you do that. Apple contracts with Sims Recycling Solutions to responsibly recycle computers and displays from any manufacturer. Just call 800-966-4135 to receive a free prepaid shipping label. Then pack up your equipment using your own box and send it off. For more information about Sims Recycling Solutions, visit oem.srsapp.com/ApplePoweredBysims/.