skip to Main Content

Large Play Equipment

Large play equipment in good usable condition may be able to be donated.  An internet search such as “donate (playhouse, sliding board, etc.) York PA” will show organizations that accept these items for donation.

Large metal play equipment can be recycled at metal salvage businesses.  An internet search such as “recycle metal playset York PA” will show businesses that accept these materials for recycling.

Bounce houses can be disposed at the York County Resource Recovery Center (YCRRC) ONLY if all vinyl parts are cut into strips no wider than 6 feet and no heavier than one person can carry. Click here for information on rates and hours of the YCRRC. Bounce houses can also be disposed at Modern Landfill (717-246-2686).

Large wooden playsets can be disposed at the YCRRC ONLY if they are dismantled into pieces no more than 6 inches in diameter and no more than 6 feet in length.  Large wooden playsets and playset pieces that exceed these limits can be disposed at Modern Landfill.

Swing set and other large play equipment poles with concrete attached must be disposed at Modern Landfill.


Back To Top
RESIDENTIAL DISPOSAL SEARCH TOOL: For household items you no longer want or need, use the search tool below to find donation, recycling and disposal options:
Type into the field your word/phrase and hit the ‘enter’ key on your keyboard to proceed.