PART-TIME WASTE MONITORING ATTENDANT
Under direction of the York County Solid Waste Authority’s (YCSWA) Operations & Environmental Programs Coordinator, or his designee, provide customer assistance at the Small Load Drop-Off Area at the York County Resource Recovery Center. This position primarily consists of year round outside work. The position will require approximately 15 to 25 hours a week which includes 4 to 5 hours every Saturday.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Monitor incoming loads of waste for compliance with YCSWA’s acceptable materials list.
- Direct customers to appropriate disposal locations. Monitor and maintain traffic flow.
- Assist in maintaining and cleaning the Small Load Drop-Off area.
- Assist with YCSWA’s Electronic Waste Collection Program, including sorting of materials and moving and organizing gaylords with the aid of a pallet jack.
- Operate a forklift.
- Assist customers with unloading heavy items such as electronics, refrigerators, couches, etc.
- Maintain necessary logs and tracking records as needed.
- Assist with snow removal and surface de-icing.
- Communicate with the public to guide them and answer questions related to operations at the Small Load Drop-Off area.
- Assist with guiding the work conducted by temporary laborers in the Small Load Drop-Off area.
- Participate in site safety programs and exercises.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
The Waste Monitoring Attendant should preferably be a graduate of an accredited high school or GED program and have good customer service skills. The candidate must possess ability to work in a team setting and independently. The candidate must possess the knowledge, or ability to learn different categories of electronics. The candidate must possess the knowledge, or ability to learn to operate and maintain a forklift. The candidate must possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to adapt to various environments and conditions including, but not limited to, dust, noise, odors, heat and cold
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions, including heat, cold, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to walk on various surfaces (hard, wet, sloped, littered, etc.) throughout the work day
- Ability to lift up to 50 pound containers and/or equipment and carry them at least 20 feet
- Ability to walk with containers and/or equipment on uneven terrain
- Ability to operate, or to learn to operate, a forklift
- Ability to operate, or to learn to operate, a utility vehicle
- Ability to communicate to the general public
- Possess basic computer skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work Saturdays
SALARY/WAGE: To be determined by the Authority.
Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to Tom Gradwell at 2700 Blackbridge Road, York, PA 17406 or at email@example.com
The YCSWA will not be responsible for any expenses incurred for an interview or relocation of a successful candidate.