The Education Center hosts thousands of visitors annually. The Center features a 60-person orientation room and corporate/organization-sponsored interactive learning stations on a variety of solid waste topics. Authority presentation topics can be scheduled along with an Education Center visit and/or a tour of the York County Resource Recovery Center (RRC). There is no fee to visit the Education Center, or to take a tour of the RRC. The facility is accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals requiring accommodations are asked to notify the Authority in advance. The Education Center is open Monday through Friday by appointment. Daytime and evening hours are available. Please call 717-845-1066 or click here to schedule a visit. Due to high demand for our facilities and programs, we ask that you please call a minimum of two weeks in advance to schedule your visit.
Education Center Goals:
- Encourage individual responsible environmental stewardship.
- Teach the public how and why to reduce, reuse and recycle waste.
- To provide programming to individuals and groups about responsible management of waste.
- Facilitate public acceptance of programs outlined in the Countywide Municipal Waste Management Plan.
- Work with educators and solid waste industry professionals to develop and provide timely program topics and materials.