- Leaves and pine needles can be managed by using a mulching mower to blend them into your lawn or placing them around garden beds and trees to prevent weeds.
- These materials can be added to backyard compost. An internet search of “composting” will provide more information.
- If your municipality offers curbside or drop-off leaf and yard waste recycling, you can participate in their program. Contact your municipality directly to find out what materials are accepted and when their program is conducted.
- Leaves and pine needles can be delivered to H&H General Excavating to be turned into mulch. Please contact them directly at 717-225-4669 regarding hours and any applicable fees.
- The York County Resource Recovery Center (YCRRC) Yard Waste Facility also accepts leaves and pine needles, subject to the YCRRC tipping fee, and transports them to a mulch processor. Click here for information on the YCRRC rates and hours.
TRASH: Leaves and pine needles may also be placed in the regular trash.
For more information regarding yard waste management, click here.