REUSE: Medical equipment in good useable condition can be donated or resold. An internet search such as “donate medical equipment York PA” will show organizations that accept these items for donation, or click here to view a list of York County donation/reuse outlets. Reusable items can also be resold at garage sales, consignment stores and on internet sale platforms.
- Metal Medical equipment may be recyclable at metal salvage businesses. An internet search such as “recycle metal crutches, walker, etc.” will show businesses that accept these items for recycling.
- Electronic medical devices can be recycled at the York County Solid Waste Authority’s free Residential Electronics Recycling Program. Click here for more information.
- Electric wheelchair rechargeable batteries must be recycled at the facilities that sell them. For more information about safe battery management, click here.
- Small medical equipment may be disposed in the regular trash.
- Large medical equipment may be disposed curbside during large item pickup. Your waste hauler may have additional requirements for large item disposal. Contact them directly for more information.
- Large medical equipment may also be disposed at the York County Resource Recovery Center (YCRRC). Click here for information on YCRRC rates and hours.